WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOUR BUSINESS
We realize businesses in Kanawha County face many challenges in keeping up with hiring skilled and motivated workers to meet their needs. The Workforce Development Board of Kanawha County assists local employers with finding the talent they need to succeed and grow. Employers can access a wide variety of services and tools to assist them with recruiting, hiring and other workforce needs.
You will also be informed of incentive programs and tax credits. If your company or organization is downsizing, our Business Services Representative can meet with you to develop separation strategies and provide outplacement counseling assistance.
Wage Reimbursement Programs
- Incumbent Worker Training:
Provides both workers and businesses with assistance to upskill workers to prevent a layoff while providing funding assistance to businesses utilizing this service.
- On-the-Job Training (OJT):
Provides a unique opportunity to invest in your company's growth. OJT allows businesses to hire new employees and provide training in skills positions. For each new hire enrolled in the OJT program, the employer will be reimbursed up to 50% of the hourly wage. Both the business and candidate must meet certain criteria to qualify.
- Transitional Jobs:
Provides subsidized wages for eligible individuals for up to 6 months, with 100% subsidy provided. This provides businesses an opportunity to test the skill set and cultural fit of a candidate with minimal risk.
- Access to current and local labor market information to help you assess wage and position data.
- Distribution of your job opening(s) to our partner organizations and social media outreach
- Recruitment event hosting at our site. We can work with you to make your event a success.
- The WDBKC and the American Job Center Network partners host job fairs, speed hiring events, and more.